-Siri, how do you perform CPR on a dog?
-I found four places called Starbucks.
Because you can’t always count on whether other people will understand what you want every time, it is better to know how to do certain things on your own.
- Place your dog on his right side on a flat spot.
- Take your palms of your hands and place them on your dog’s ribcage over his heart.
- Push down on his chest so that you are compressing it about 1/4th to 1/3rd of the way. You should do this at a speed of 100 to 120 compressions per minute.
- After every 30 compressions, hold his mouth shut – make sure it is COMPLETELY closed – and breath into his nose 2 times.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 until your dog is responsive or until about 10 to 15 minutes has passed.
Hopefully, by then, your four legged friend will be responsive and very happy to see you again!